Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,250 pupils offering a broad and balanced curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in September 2014 and was judged ‘Good.’
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
Grade 9, SCP 34 - 37
(Negotiable for an exceptional candidate)
Salary £30,153 - £32,486 (FTE)
37hrs per week
Whole Year or Term Time + 10 days
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated HR Manager who will lead outstanding provision at Castleford Academy. Furthermore, the HR Manager will work alongside Fusion HR to provide support to the Multi Academy Trust.
• Create, review and maintain HR policies and procedures including recruitment, induction, audit, attendance and performance management.
• Administer the Single Central Record on behalf of the Academy, provide advice and support to other academies within the Trust.
• Liaise with unions/key stakeholders/legal advisors in relation to negotiations on polcies, pay, TUPE, redundancy, job evaluation and capability/performance issues, advising senior managers on processes.
• Conduct investigation meetings, advising senior managers on the process for disciplinary and grievance hearings and completing necessary paperwork.
• Recruitment, advertisement, co-ordination and facilitation of assessment days, co-ordination and facilitation of shortlisting and feedback process, producing paperwork for successful candidates and induction of new staff.
• Manage the sickness absence procedure, conduct return to work and absence management meetings and prepare reports to present to senior managers/trust members.
• Liaise with Fusion HR to provide a confidential and effective HR service to both staff and senior leaders within the Trust, acting as a point of contact for all parties.
• Remain up to date with employment law.
You will have:
We can offer you:
• CIPD qualified with a proven experience in generalist HR Manager role.
• Knowledge of employment law.
• Experience of advising management on HR issues, conduct and case management.
• Experience on leading on recruitment processes from advtertisement to induction.
• Proven track record of successful absence management.
• Ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
• The ability to communicate on all levels with a high level of confidentiality.
• School experience advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities to work across the MAT and beyond.
- Enthusiastic colleagues and supportive leaders who will be keen to work with you.
- Modern facilities and a chance to make a difference.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Mrs Avril Smith, Deputy Director of Business to arrange a visit. Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Tuesday 3rd October at 12 noon with interviews taking place later that week or the following week.
For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone Mrs Avril Smith on 01977 605060.