Pupil Premium Documentation
The Pupil Premium is a grant provided to schools and academies for pupils aged 11 to 16 who are on Free School Meals, have been on Free School Meals at some point in the last 6 years, for Looked After Children and for Services Children. The Government provides a further £935 per child and this money is to be used in narrowing the gap between the progress of pupils who are “disadvantaged".
At Castleford Academy, any pupil who is not meeting expected progress will be given a wealth of support and it is academy policy that teaching staff, non-teaching staff and governors support pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium and ensure that they do not fall behind (or catch up if they are behind when they arrive with us).
If you feel that your child is eligible for the Pupil Premium but don’t currently claim for Free School Meals, please
click here for the application process.
Pupil Premium Headline Figures
2017 P8 = +0.49 (provisional until ASP is published)
2016 P8 = +0.39
The Pupil Premium Expenditure Report 2017 features the following details:
- Who our Pupil Premium pupils are;
- A summary of their main barriers to educational achievement
- Our strategy for our use of the pupil premium with reasons for the spend and what impact it had last year (and the estimated impact for this year;
- A review of last year's expenditure and the proposed spend for this year.
- The date of our next internal and external review.
You can also find last year's Expenditure Report here
Students on roll (2017) in years 7 - 11||
No of pupils eligible for Pupil Premium||
Number of Looked After Pupils||
Total Amount of the Pupil Premium||
Impact 2017 (P8 scores are provisional until ASP is published)
In the 2017 results, the provisional score for P8 for pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium is +0.49. This shows a +0.1 improvement on 2016's +0.39 which placed us in the Top 13% of schools in the country for Pupil Premium.
The Attainment 8 figure for 2017 is 47.77
• Persistent Absence for the Disadvantaged is at 7.09% which is over 5% below National and a reduction of almost 13% on last year’s figure.
• In all 3 measure of exclusion (Fixed Term, one or more, Permanent) the Academy is significantly below national for this group.
Non Pupil Premium||||
National Others 2015||
Gap to National
(based on 2015 figures)|||
5 A* - C including English and Maths||47%||56%||75%||77%||63%||-16||-7|
5 A* - C|
5 A* - G|
Average Capped Points Score||271||313||342||353||327||-56||-14|
Pupils making expected progress in English||66%||88%||78%||92%||74%||-8||+14|
Pupils making 4 levels of progress in English||17%||23%||23%||39%||34%||-17||-11|
Pupils making expected progress in Maths||49%||60%||82%||83%||72%||-23||-12|
Pupils making 4 levels of progress in Maths||20%||21%||31%||40%||30%||-10||-9|
Attainment 8||N/A||48 (C-)||N/A||56 (B-)||52||N/A||-4|