You are here: Curriculum - Partnership and Community Links
Castleford Academy will continue to work in partnership with the wider community, including business and industry,
to enhance lifelong learning opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with other local schools & colleges including feeder schools to enhance provision in all organisations.
- Member of the Leeds City Enterprise Region and we have an Enterprise Advisor who is Managing Director for Agenci.
- Member of the BCS (British Computer society), The Chartered Institute for IT Approved Centre.
- Partners such as Castleford Tigers/Burberry/Hepworth art gallery will be used to teach problem based approaches to applied learning to apply knowledge to industry and build skills essential for creating learners for life.
- We are active partners in a learning community with our local family of schools, FE, HEI and businesses, working collaboratively to share resources and develop/share good practice.
- Continue to build links with TLG Wakefield & Step Out provision in engaging disaffected pupils and reengaging them through applied work related learning both on and off site.
- As a school we have links with partners, NCOP, WDH, University of Leeds, Sheffield university, York University, University of Huddersfield, Wakefield College, NEW College, Leeds College of Building, Wakefield Apprenticeship HUB, Askham Bryan College, St Wilfrids 6th Form, Thomas Transition Programme, Student Talent Spotting Team, Go Higher West Yorkshire, NHS, Wakefield Council Enterprise, Leeds City College, Babbington, Interserve Learning and Employment, Phillips Hair Academy.
- Continue to work with the local fire station who run a BTEC qualification.
- Extend schools progression routes Post 16 in delivery of Sport, Health & Social and Public Services.
- Currently in partnership with Wakefield College deliver construction; Hair &Beauty and Auto-Vehicle etc.
- The school will continue to create new partners to assist in delivery of vocation/applied learning including employer based apprenticeships, TEI Engineering.
- Facilitating the training and development of staff both within our collaborative partnership and in school to further develop and share best practice in through HUB meetings and staff work placements – Subject network meetings are well attended by subject teachers.
- Involved in The Big Deal, working with Barclays to develop enterprise skills.
- To act as a lead school for ITT students: Wakefield Regional Partnership for Initial Teacher Training, Sheffield Hallam University, Leeds Becket University (Core and School Direct placements), Leeds Trinity University, Huddersfield University.
- Alliance member of the New Collaborative and White Rose teaching school alliance.
- Lead school for the Five Towns ITT Partnership
- Engage with the Hepworth Art Gallery for super learning days and extend curriculum for art & design students.
- Continue to work in partnership with the wider community including new business and industry e.g. WDH, Smawthorne Welfare Action Team, The Hut, Queens Mill and Asda.
- We are part of developing consortia provision to support the reduction of NEETS and increase post 16 across the district.
- A number of local and regional providers have already indicated further support for the school. These include strengthened ties with Cas. Tigers, TEI Engineering.
- A member of Wakefield Learning Community- Subject Network meetings and challenge wider collaborative opportunities.
- Jo O’Brien delivering the NPQML for Carnegie Leaders in Learning (Leeds Beckett University).
- Jo O’Brien and Karan Garbett have delivered aspects of the LA’s NQT provision.
- The Academy hosted a learning walk for NQTs as part of the LA’s provision.
- Academy staff have supported New College TSA with the SSIF bid writing process.
- Targeted Youth Support, Youth Offending Team. Social Services, School Nursing Services, West Yorkshire Police, CAMHS (Mental Health), EWO (Attendance), Gasped (carers/families of people with drug/alcohol addiction), Educational Psychologist, Reach Team for looked after pupils, Young Carers (those who care for someone in the home), Behaviour Support Services and Reband (drugs and alcohol abuse services for young people).
- To work alongside Engaging Education to deliver an enterprise education.
- Links with the National Theatre, Sheffield Theatre and Airedale Academy (Drama).
- Links with Castleford Heritage Trust.
- Links with Park Junior, Three lane ends, Smawthorne, Ackton Pastures & Half Acres with AR Programme.
- Links with Leeds University for BTEC Engineering, Brebur for BTEC Construction and Engineering, EQUANS for BTEC Engineering and Yorkshire Sculpture Park for Art Textiles.
- Working in partnership with Colne Valley High School, Carlton and Kings for BTECs engineering and construction.
- JG/AB work with Technology Five (working with teachers from Wakefield Technology Dept).
- Wakefield Geography Network – teachers across the area meet to discuss curriculum changes, assessments, fieldwork etc.
- Wakefield Music Service – Strategic Overview group, VIP studios from Charanga Music, Steinway hall and Musical futures.
- The school has a significant number of partners that support the delivery of themed weeks, drop-down days and cross-curricular days: Spectrum Health, AA, Red Cross, MacMillan’s, St John’s Ambulance, Prison. Me? No Way! Trust, Change4Life, Yew Tree (Theatre in Education), WY Fire Service, Teenage Cancer Trust, British Heart Foundation, Loudmouth. The Great Get Together, HQ Arts (Social Norms), Re-Start a Heart Team, Newfield Lodge Care Home (Prefect Community Outreach Work), African Activities, Freedom Personal Safety, One Day Creative, The Riot Act – Road Safety, Reflections, I-Space Healthy Relationships, State of Mind – Mental Health, Stand Up Against Violence, Stop Hate UK, Barclays Bank, Young Minds, National Citizenship Service, Fairtrade Foundation, Hope Not Hate and Animal Aid, National Crime Agency, Scope, The Samaritans, Make Your Mark, Richard McCann – Aspirations, Sleman Swaish – Refugee Awareness, Luke & Marcus Trust (drugs and alcohol abuse).
- Links with The Cross Project, BHS Hindu Workshops, Roop Singh (Sikh Visitor), Christians Against Poverty.
- Links with CAMHS.
- Working in partnership with Outwood Grange family of schools on a project to look at mastery in maths (as part of the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub).
- Part of the MFL Wakefield Learning Partnership.
- Members of the Wakefield History curriculum group.
- Geography close links with AQA principal moderator, Quick key trial, Links to cool geography (subscription) and Wakefield curriculum group.
- Working with Leeds College of Art and Design to support portfolio project.
- West Yorkshire Computer Science hub and resource sharing set-up.
- Working with the Science learning partnership, Technicians network.
- RHC ran a National Collaborative Project aimed at raising standards and improving practice around Mathematical Reasoning for secondary schools throughout Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Secured funding for AQA training for all Wakefield schools (Geography).
- Sporting Partnerships with Wakefield District Housing, When Dance Happens, Awards for All, Big Lottery Fund, England Women RFU, Youth Sport Trust, Girls Active, Sky Sports Living For Sport, Castleford Tigers, Reds in the Community, Leeds United Foundation, West Riding FA, UKA Cheer, Freedom 2 Dance, RFL Education Officer, Yorkshire Schools Rugby League Teachers group and organising the boys and girls Wakefield and Yorkshire competitions.
- Health & Social Care Placements include, Half Acres Junior & Infant School, Little Stars Nursery, Orchard Head Jnr and infants, Park Junior Academy, Pontefract Family Centre, Hillside Day Nursery, Unicorn nursery, Snydale care Home, St Joseph’s Castleford, Cymar House, Prince of Wales Hospice, Wheldon Lane Infants, Glasshoughton Infants, Brambly Hedge Nursery, Castleford Lodge Care Home, Rachel’s Tiger Cubs Child Minders, Rachel’s Railway Children Child Minders, Kingsland Primary School, Fairburn View Primary.
Links in the Curriculum Section
Achievements & Enrichment 21/22
Assessment & Report Information
Curriculum Adaptations (SEND)
Higher Maths Revision
KS3 Curriculum and Assessment
KS4 Curriculum and Assessment
Partnership and Community Links
Home Learning Links
Home Learning Archive
Personal Development Prospectus
© Castleford Academy Trust 2023